Witchy Wednesday - Water Magic

As many of you know last year we lost our business due to Hurricane Matthew.  We re-branded and even though we can't attend the festivals as we normally would like to due to the loss of our Vardo, we are still making our jewelry and selling online.  This past weekend was the kick off to festival season and many of our friends attended Festival of Legends this past weekend and will be attending Mayfaire next weekend.  Ironically, we had another run in with the river this week.  There wasn't a huge amount of rain all at one time yet the Neuse decided that we needed to see her power again.




As I sit typing this my videos of the swollen river are uploading to YouTube.  I'm reminded of the chants from last year, "Water is life" and here I am realizing that it is also death.  Water plays a huge role in magic. Water can be used in spells for love, friendship, healing, sleep and fertility. The Chalice is often used to represent water on the pagan altar. I draw upon the element of water often in my spell work. As a Piscean, water is near and dear to my heart.  I have a healthy respect for water and after two near drowning experiences I tend to keep my distance, while always offering her respect.

I embraced her completely in this tarot card project I worked on where I represented the Star card.

The Star - Female Mystique Tarot



Many of the stones I work with in my wire weaving also represent water. Some of those stones are Amethyst, Aquamarine, Azurite, Celestite, Chrysocolla, Coral, Mother-of-pearl, Lapis lazuli, Lepidolite, Moonstone, Pearl, Blue and Pink Tourmaline, Sapphire, Selenite, and Sodalite.  As we were walking the property to survey the damage I found a few river rocks that I plan to use in my jewelry.  I plan to call upon the river energy to bless and protect the stones (and the wearer).  I will have these up in on the site soon.  I can't wait to share them with you.






I'll end with a few photos from the flooding we're having now.

This is the far side of the property.  There shouldn't be water here.

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 I turned around to take a photo of the house so you can see how close the water is to the house. It is about 100 feet from us on the side.  The tree line behind the house obscures the view so I couldn't show you that.  It is about 25 feed behind the house right now.
Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 This is the boat ramp downtown Seven Springs. The river has taken over the bank and part of the parking lot.

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 This is the Main Street bridge.  Still in the boat ramp parking lot.  You can't see the part where you back your boat trailer up to put the boat in the water.

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 Next we stop at Cliffs of the Neuse State Park.  This is the overlook shot.  I take a lot of pictures here.  It doesn't really show the impact of the flood water, but it was a beautiful shot.

Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson
 More of the Neuse River.
Photo Credit Renee Sosanna Olson

Respect the water energy, she brings life and death.

No comments