A Witch's View - Miyoko's Kitchen

This week I'm doing a review of some of the amazing products from Miyoko's Kitchen.  My life as a vegan has been a sort of struggle as it relates to my life with Cheese or rather without it.  I love cheese. I would think nothing of sitting down and eating and entire block of cheese with crackers.  I would tell myself it was healthy because I would use "good" cheese.  But frankly my body was telling another story.  After hubby and I decided to go vegan, we took all dairy from our diet. My heart would yearn for the stringy bubbly goodness of a hot slice or a creamy grilled cheese. I had resigned the fact that I would never have that back in my life again.

Until now!

A while back I did a search and found a video of Miyoko and her amazing cheese recipes.  I started writing down everything so I could make her a cheese for a pizza.


Then while searching I found her website where she sells her cheese already done!!  We ordered the cheddar cheese sauce, the double cream and chive spread and the fresh mozz.

From http://miyokoskitchen.com/products-miyoko/


This spreadable cheese replacement is amazing. We have it with crackers and it was simply amazing. I loved it.

http://miyokoskitchen.com/products-miyoko/


The Fresh VeganMozz was simply amazing. I have not had a pizza with cheese in years.  Now I have had ones with Daiya and it was like eating cardboard.  I grabbed some pizza dough from the deli section of my grocery store and added some vegan butter with garlic a few herbs and this cheese grated.  YES GRATED.  You can slice or grate it and it melts and browns so amazingly. I am in love. I will have this in my house forever!!!

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson



From: http://miyokoskitchen.com/products-miyoko/
Finally we tried the Cheddar Style Cheese Sauce.  Sadly the cheese sauce was really strong with nutritional yeast and mustard.  I took one bite and spit it out.  It was just horrid.  So my quest for mac and cheese continues, however I will be purchasing the VeganMozz and the Creamy Spreads again!










No comments