Hail USA!

Well, we did it. We wrote, blogged, talked and sung about these great United States in order of statehood. We've covered from Hawaii to Delaware. I've made new friends and even lost one or two through this journey.

We started this in response to a challenge thrown down by the DC-40 Initiative. Beginning with a threat to lay siege to our land to a threat of flaming arrows aimed directly at the Pagans challenging them.

We answered that call by setting up actions, circles and setting up Facebook Groups to support our secular nation. I have had a wonderful time. I wanted to add a few notes here on those documents that have given us our freedom.

First I'd like to start with the Treaty of Triopli - This document has specific quotes that confirm that our nation was founded as a secular nation and NOT based on Christianity.



Next, I want to highlight the first amendment to the US Constitution. Here the first amendments says the following:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."



Our country is based on the premise that I can live my life, worship my Goddess and raise my family in the manner that I choose without fear of the government coming in and putting me in jail or taking away my family. The government cannot force a religion unto any person. This is one of the great things about the US. This is one of the very basic freedoms that one is born with and cannot be taken away. All my energies and thoughts will be directed at keeping this land exactly the way it was intended.




Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

1 comment

Sapphire said...

I may not have blogged about many states, but I am very happy to have been involved in this undertaking at home and on FaceBook! :)

I'm sorry to hear that you lost a friend or two over something that should have been totally positive, but their loss!

Love ya!