NaBlogWriMo - Sunday Shelter Me - 1



As part of my Shelter Me series for the NaBlogWriMo project, I’m taking a moment to focus on one of my other passions.  I love animals.  All shapes and sizes, colors and types.  Today I’m going to talk about a small rescue group that does amazing stuff for the animals.


Paw-N-Hand rescue is headed up by an amazing lady, Melody Drew.  Melody works tirelessly for the animals.  She’s always cross posting photos, bring dog food out to folks that need it, picking up animals from the shelter and much much more. 






I've had the pleasure of working with Melody several times on different projects.  I've fostered dogs for her.  Many of you may remember the Plott Hounds that we posted.


As well as the pack of 15 Kittens and 2 Mama Kitties we took from the shelter last year.  Melody was on hand with food, vet care and everything a foster home needs to take care of the babies. 

Just last year I found a colony of abandon cats with the help of a Facebook friend and by working with Melody and a team of FB volunteers who donated cash to assist; today all of those cats are fixed and living happily in my barn out back.  Just as wild as the day we met them.



Melody’s work for the animals knows no bounds.  She’s always the first to lend a hand and pull money from her own pocket to help others.  She lists dogs with other rescues as well.  She’s one amazing lady.

If you have time, head over to her Facebook Page and offer a post of support, or send her an email saying what a great job she’s doing.  Melody works for these animals though donations and her own pocket book.  If you can’t adopt an animal, please consider donating a few bucks to this great cause!

Friday Melody shared some photos of a cat family looking for a home.  I've added their photos below.  Their rescue fell through and they have nowhere to go.  If you can’t adopt, please share this around so that maybe someone can help.












I found my kitty Sage from one of her posts.













"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(

1 comment

Stephanie said...

Its glad to have people like you who care so much about animals to help them. I sadley admit I could do more. I do love animals but haven't done much to help. I know I need too and will. Thank you for this post.... PS: I am still taking your kitty from you. :) LOL!!