Stay-cation - Day 1

So first day of my stay-cations I usually like to just cruise around to check out thrift stores.  I love going to them.  There's always something awesome I can find.

I thought what a cool idea to take my blog followers on my stay-cation with me.  So here we go!


We started out the day by having coffee and then headed out to feed the ferals.  As we were pulling out the driveway I noticed that my cactus was blooming.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


I love taking pictures.  This one shows just how much that yellow pops off the green. Stunning.

Next we went to the group that live behind a place called Morgan's.  This is the same spot where we are currently trapping.  We stopped in and checked on the kitten traps.  Both were empty.  We did spot a new cat.  When hubby tried to take a picture he did a impromptu selfie.  I thought it was cute so I saved it.

Photo Credit - Elijah Olson

We finished feeding in the area and I was able to see one of the little ones peek at me.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Next we stopped in to feed the little one that hung out with Traveler.  Traveler passed away earlier this week and it was good to see this one still around.
Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
We dropped the food and then head out for breakfast and gas to head to Raleigh. 

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


Now was some time for hit the thrift stores, Trader Joe's and then head back home.

I love Trader Joe's.  We have a great time there.  We picked up some nice organics and I took this awesome picture of the watermelon display.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
After Trader Joe's we packed up the goodies and headed home.  It was a long drive but the company was great!  We chatted about politics while I was totally being grossed out by my friends on Loren's share of this crazy picture and the discussion of soggy bread!

Facebook Share - Loren Morris

So finally home, unpacking my goodies and getting ready for a quiet night at home.

Here are the amazing deals I found at the assorted thrift stores.  This is a really cool wall hanging box that I found.  I think I'm going to repaint it, take off the painted scallop on the top piece and make a small altar out of it.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Here I found some cool beads for rings and jewelry a compass set for Hubby and a really cool looking crystal ball stand that looks like lapis lazuli snakes!    I got another tiny little box and a cool bottle.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
This is my super cool Starbucks swag and awesome anchor measuring cup.  Both for $2.00.
Photo Credit -Renee Sosanna Olson



There you have it.  Stay-cation Day 1.   Thanks for taking a peek and seeing my crazy.


No comments