Stay-cation Day 5

Today was vet day.  Last night after dinner we put an extra trap at the Country Skillet restaurant in Goldsboro to see if we could catch one of the three ferals that live there.  This morning on our way out to the vet we had indeed trapped one very angry cat.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


Then we were SpayToday bound.  We went out with the little baby we trapped, one from Pet Palace that hubby had to catch with a fish net and the gray mama we've been trying to trap for weeks.

We didn't have time to grab breakfast so we thought we'd pick something up in Greenville.  The company and the sunrise was lovely but for the dead bugs on the windshield.


Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
We got stuck behind just about every school bus in Greene County but we rolled into the SpayToday office just 5 minutes late.  As I start filling out the paperwork they ask me how many I have.  I tell them four.  She said OH, you can't bring four only 2 per person.  I pointed at hubby and they said, he doesn't count.  I was like Oh crap.  I have four trapped cats in my truck.  After a quick discussion hubby and I decided to fix the two we knew for certain were females, bring the baby and the one from Country Skillet back home where we dropped off the baby kitten

We had planned to have breakfast in Greenville but with the two cats still in traps we decided to head back home.  As we're driving back I remember that Cottage Animal Clinic is on the way home, sort of, and Dr. Manning there will do ferals without an appointment.  I quickly get on the phone and call in.  Sure enough Dr. Manning will do it for me.  I'm not sure of the gender so it's 50/50 on how much it will end up costing us. We take to Greenville when we can because it's cheaper and no appointment is needed.  Up until today it had gone off without a hitch.  I call a couple of other volunteers and we work out the possibility of a voucher in case the bill is over $100.00.

We finally get back to Goldsboro and get some breakfast.  After breakfast, Hubby needed some cording for the bodices so off to Joann we go!

Did you know you could buy a Leprechaun that poops candy at Joann?

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

I saw this cute book.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson
And this adorable stamp that immediately reminded me of my sister.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


Next we went to the thrift store.  I found this awesome Barbie Doll called "Spell Secrets Barbie".  She comes with a special magic potion that you can drink!!   The info on the back however said it was for entertainment purposes only.  Bummer.  I bought it anyway.  I have the first part of a future Hecate project now.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson


I also saw this cool Mr. Potato Head pumpkin thingy.  It was neat.  I didn't buy it but it was cute.

Photo Credit - Renee Sosanna Olson

Next we went to Habitat for Humanity's Resale Store.  They didn't have anything really cool to buy but they did have the interesting document that listed out what at first, I thought was color magic then noticed the bible versus on the end.  Interesting....



Next we went to the price club to buy a couple big bags of cat food and fill up on gas.  I didn't photo here, it was boring.

By now it was time to head back to pick up the last cat we dropped off, then drive back to Greenville to pick up the SpayToday drop offs.  Our SpayToday drop offs turned out to be a female so luckily we had a certificate to get a discount on her spay.  We packed her up and headed to Greenville.  At SpayToday we had about a 10 minute wait so I took some photos of the flowers.

We drove the Pet Palace kitty back to her place, and brought the rest home.  Now I'm finishing up dinner and trying to relax.  After we release these guys tomorrow night we'll be on break until Monday for any trapping.  All this work we do is why I do my fundraisers.  If you might be interested in helping me do what I do, I'm currently offering a free Cat's Eye Pendant to anyone who donates at least $25.  That's 1/2 the cost of us to get one cat fixed.



Donations can be made by the link on my side bar!


No comments