Pagan Blog Project 2013 - G is for Ghost


I am very interested in ghosts and spirits.  Necromancy and magic associated with those past is a very intriguing area for me.  Ghosts are believed to be energy of a person who has passed, but the energy remains locked here in the physical world.  I do believe that we have energies here with us from those that have died.

This video that was taken by SyFy - Ghosthunter's Show makes me totally believe they caught something on tape.



My Deity, Hecate known as the Goddess of the Night and Queen of the Underworld is thought to have helped souls traveling to the afterlife.  When I learned of this, as well as many other connections to the Goddess, I knew that she was calling to me to follow her.

Since I was a child I always felt that I had some sort of ability to talk to those that had moved on.  I felt that the energy actually came to me and shared messages with me.  I've worked with scrying mirrors, crystal balls and pyro-mancy to try to harness that ability.  I’m still waiting for it to fully manifest itself. 

When we moved in to this house six years ago, I knew that it was haunted.

Hubby stayed here while I did a turn and burn back and forth to San Diego to collect our animals and to bring our kid back to the NC.  While I was gone he slept on the couch in our living room.  When I returned he confessed to me that he woke up in the middle of the night with an elderly lady standing over him.  She was tucking the covers around him and then disappeared.

 At the end of my hallway seems to be some sort of energy source.  To the right of the end of the hall is our bedroom and to the left, my office.  I had the head of my bed directly at the wall where this “energy” was.  At night, as I tried to sleep next to the open door a face would come into the room an yell silently at me.  His eyes opened very wide and mouth agape.  His hands were up around his head and his eye hollow, just like the painting, The Scream, by Edvard Munch.

Over the next few weeks I would see a man in a blue hat walking around our yard.  One evening I actually yelled out the window because I thought hubby was out back.

I spent weeks researching the possible identity of the man at the end of the hall.  Our house was owned by Mrs. Rose.  She had passed away in 2005.  I found her obituary in the archives of our local paper and found that she was preceded in death by two husbands, Perry Brock and Thurman Rose.  As I sat at my desk reading the obituary out loud I felt a presence behind me.  I looked over to see the man in the blue hat standing by my pantry.  He turned his head to the side as if to understand what I was saying.  I repeated the name Perry Brock and he shook his head side to side indicating no.  I read aloud Thurman Rose and he nodded in the affirmative.  He smiled briefly and disappeared.

We have had items move, seen shadows and heard odd noises in the house ever since.  The only sudden increase in activity is when we were renovating the patio area to turn it into a kennel.  Mr. Rose would walk around out in the patio open the storage area door and then walk outside as if repeating some ancient ritual. 

Today for the most part they live with us and don’t create havoc. I believe they're accepted that we live here and that we love the house as much as they did. 

Recently I added a portal at the end of the hallway to invite them to come and talk with me more. 

 
Photo Credit - Renee Olson
11X13 Inch Scrying Mirror in my hall


Nothing has arrived yet.  But who knows, maybe they’ll show up soon.

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(
Recommended Reading

1 comment

Alexis Kennedy said...

Happy Hunting, sis! :)