Time to Detox - Day 1

Last week in our yard clean up I twisted my knee a bit.  It was a bit swollen and boy was I tired.  I have to admit my diet has gone down hill a bit.  I'm drinking coffee again and not eating as many fresh veggies as I should.  I stopped my vitamins completely and am not drinking enough water. And I work (at my desk) 14-16 hours a day.

I still eat organic and vegetarian but just changing those things above, I've gone from a size 10 to a size 16/18.  I like myself at about 14/16.  Hubby likes to have a little to grab on to and I like to have cleavage.

I watched a show yesterday called Hungry for Change.  Currently they're offering a free screening online of the entire documentary. It was made by the same people who did Food, Matters.    It has inspired me to do a bit of a cleanse.  That and of course the fact that I have so much water weight I can barely move. I plan to detox and get myself together. I'll journal it under the tag - #detox.


Detox Day 1 - March 22nd 2013

This morning I'm starting out by not having any coffee.  This step alone will remove about 20 tsps of sugar plus the the 8 grams that are in the cup of milk I probably use between them. Instead I'm having green tea w/o any sweetener.

I'm adding my vitamins (note I use Nature Made vitamins because they offer a points program that gives you $7.00 off vitamins, plus at some of the local pharmacies they are bogo free) back in which are:

1 Magnesium (133mg) Calcium (333mg) Zinc (5mg) with D3(200UI)
1 Women's Alive
1 Vitamin E (400UI)
5 Super Complex B
1 Vitamin C (1000mg)
1 D3 (1000UI)

I have a malabsorption disorder related to messed up Gastric Bypass I had 14 years ago.

I will have five meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus two snacks.

Breakfast will be a green smoothie.  I used to do these every day.  After my mother moved into the nursing home and all that crap with my family I sorta stopped doing the things that made me feel better.  Maybe I was punishing myself.  I'm not really sure.  In any event, today starts the return of the green smoothie.

I use the following recipe

8 oz of water
2 oranges peeled
1 apple with the peel (remove the stem)
1 pear with the peel (remove the stem)
2 big handfuls of fresh baby Spinach
2/3 a banana (tip, cut your banana in thirds and put in a baggie in the freezer)
3-4 slices of frozen peaches or a handful of frozen berries
3 tbs wheat germ or other fiber (note read the labels and try to get a pure a product as possible)

Another tip here is buy your fruit local in season and then freeze them so you have them year around.  Many people use fresh completely but I like my smoothie thick and cold so I like to use frozen.

Lunch today will be Black Bean Tacos.
Dinner today will be a new Eggplant recipe that Hubby and I are working out for one of my Meatless Monday dishes.

Snack 1 - 1 oz Sunflower seeds
Snack 2 - 1 whole orange

PLUS I can eat any other raw veggie any time I want.  So any carrots, celery or even a small salad with balsamic vinegar.

I'm very worried about my water retention so to combat that I will have 2 - 3 cups of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar elixir.

1 cup of hot water
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon Honey

It tastes really bad.  However I had friend send me to a website with a tastier recipe.  I looked it over and it does look better, however if you use it be sure to look for juices that are not sweetened with HFCS or better yet, make your own juice.  Thanks to Johanna for the link.

I'm also going to tell myself every single day that I am worth it.  I'm a great person and I'm a winner.  Health is about how I feel, not about what size pants I'm in.

So be prepared for what I hope to be daily (or weekly) updates on my detox and wish me luck.

Namaste & Blessed Be
Sosanna
)O(






4 comments

Unknown said...

I am probably one of the few people out there who loves the taste of Apple Cider Vinegar. I use Bragg's...with the Mother, in it, and I add it to all kinds of things.I keep a bottle on my table so I can sprinkle it on various foods lol. I love to drizzle it on oven baked french fries...and on green beans.

I also take two tablespoons when I wake up daily...since the taste does not bother me. It really helps with my migraines and a few other health issues I have. It is also a great heartburn cure for me.

Sosanna said...

I love ACV on my cooked collards and on raw cucumbers. If you soak them for a couple hours they get so tangy. I'll have to try it on french fries, I've never had it that way. I'm not much on soggy so if they get soggy I'd probably hate it.
It's so cool that you like the taste. :)

Unknown said...

My trick for the fries is to only sprinkle it on the one or two I am about to put in my face lol. I do not like soggy fries either, so I just sprinkle a little at a time on one or two. I have an old pepper sauce bottle that I use for it so only a little comes out.

I LOVE it on cucumbers too! Sooo yummy!

Sosanna said...

I'll have to try it on the fries like that. Great idea!!